We are developers, designers, and product managers who know how to work fast and deliver together. Learn more about what makes us tick by checking out what we write about.
Senior Product Designer New York
Carbon Five is looking for a versatile web and mobile product designer who is passionate about collaborating on balanced teams. This is an opportunity to work on small teams of skilled, creative people who understand the value of agile, iterative, and emergent software design.
As a Senior Product Designer you will facilitate collaborative design workshops, design and build prototypes, draft wireframes, illustrate user interfaces, and pair with amazing developers. All in a relaxed, enjoyable, agile software development environment.
We strive to create a friendly, collaborative, and experimental environment so that every member of the team can come up with ideas, help validate them, and then craft them into high quality software. Continually learning new tools and techniques, and quickly inventing new solutions to complicated problems is a key to your and our success.
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience designing for web and/or mobile
- Experience creating effective visual and user experience designs
- Experience facilitating cross-functional, collaborative design workshops
- Experience conducting user research and testing
- Experience working on agile teams building web and mobile applications
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and/or clients
- Experience working with developers, product managers and other designers
- Experience with iterative design and delivery
- Experience developing visual languages and creating or extending branding
- Interest in mentoring other designers
- Interest in participating in business development
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to think on the fly, tolerate ambiguity, suggest solutions for problems found, and demonstrate good judgement
- Ability to stay composed, constructively communicate, and effectively collaborate with clients and teammates when opinions differ
What we provide:
- A new domain, and solving a new problem every few months
- New collaboration techniques for working with clients, developers, and product managers
- Ability to shape local design studio culture and mentor other designers
- Working at a sustainable pace, and helping to teach client teams to work efficiently
We offer each employee a professional development budget, robust medical care coverage, life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, new parent leave, and generous holidays and paid leave.